Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yogg is not a pussy

Nope. He totally splattered us 4 ways to kindom come over 1.5 raid nights thus far.

I don't really have much to say about him as we dont have phase 1 under control yet. I see this as a massive roadblock to advice giving about the fight. What I CAN say with certainty is that standing in green clouds is BAD. BAD BAD BAD. Wipe worthy in fact. Don't do it.

In other news, I am unsurprised by Ensidia killing Algalon 25. What I am surprised about is that they did it VERY LATE in the reset cycle for them (in fact, the night before it all goes down). That indicates to me that they are still wiping on the hard mode bosses even now, which means those bosses are VERY HARD. Ensidia have claimed that mimiron Hard mode is harder than Algalon; an interesting thing to say, if you ask me.

Mimiron nerf makes Mimiron a one shot. *sigh* nerftacular. I am actually really proud that we managed to get him down solidly before that nerf to phase 4. However, if you are struggling with getting through phase 4, it should be a lot easier now for your tanks to manage and your DPS to run away from the retard beam. The tank can move to dodge the retard beam and not have wobbly old Voltron totter after him thus wiping your raid. Our leviathan DK tank was very disappointed in this - as he really enjoyed the tanking challenge of holding Voltron still.

And it seems our disasters with thorim might finally be over - with a one shot last night making me a very proud GL. Disarming the champions has made all the difference!