Monday, February 23, 2009

The casual content and recruiting for progression

I have come across a quandry. While I heartily approve of the "casual" aspect blizz is encouraging with raiding, I have found the following issue: Where people used to come together under fewer banners to raid, now, they have much more leeway to pick and chose guilds as there are more viale ones. This makes your job, as a guild leader filling gaps, much harder and the bar much lower.

So, the first thing I have seen is that there are millions of melee (thanks for all the poo DKs blizz) and no ranged DPS. Also, the healing pool is smaller. This is making my job finding ANYONE to gap fill nigh on impossible. So the only thing that can be done is agressive advertising. It is time to start spamming trade in high activity times. Something I do not really like doing. But it seems that as of tonight an agressive advertising method will be required.

It goes something like this:
Ad on realm forum
macro in /2 saying that we are looking for stuffs and where to go to find out more.

But, the problem is that mainly there are more guilds! more guilds and the SAME number of raiders, which means there are fewer good players per guild. Bah. That is all I have to say about that.